CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 24, 2011

I Heart Roses

I really do - Heart Roses!!! The roses on my card today were so easy to make and all I needed was a little glue, scissors and a post it note! I think they look awesome!!!
I have glued each rose down to a scalloped heart that was cut out with spellbinders and my Big Shot, and then it was matted onto white cardstock and I love you stamped in the bottom corner. The stamp was purchased at Sam's Warehouse of all places! The white cardstock has been paper pierced around the edges and matted onto some orange paper and then onto the red card. I put one little yellow rose in the bottom of the arrangement just to offset the colour against the I love you stamped in red.



 Here's a sideways shot showing the depth of these roses, luckily they're being hand delivered and I don't have to squash them into an envelope. I'm sure my hubby is gonna love this.






This is the perfect Valentines card of course so I will enter it in a couple of challenges and see what everyone else thinks.

Over at the Scrapbook Boutique there is some Valentines inspiration in the form of cupcakes that are just the ticket! Check them out here.

Also at Lexi's Creations : Challenge #32 is a Valentines challenge, so here you are.

The Corrosive Challenge Blog had something a little different which is always nice, a challenge to Reuse, Reduce & Recycle, which I think I have by using the Post It Notes. Maybe, maybe not - did they have to be used ones?

Click on the links to visit these guys and check out what everyone else has done, or maybe enter the challenges yourself.

7 comments:

Trish and Treasure

How great are those roses. Your card looks fantastic!

lalkygirl

wow stunning card,i adore those roses ,the dimension looks awesome,thank goodness they wont be ruined by poating it,thanks for joining us at lexis and good luck in the challenge
tracey x

Vicki Fraser

thank you ladies, I was quite pleased with the result myself :)

Sammi

oooh lovely! Those roses are so sweet! You are so clever!!
xx

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff)

Oh this definitely counts are re-cycling in my book, and what a fabulous effect! I think we only get pastel post-its here, but are these those spiral paper rolled-up flowers? Because then I could make them out of any coloured paper. Thanks so much for playing along with Corrosive Challenges :D

Mim

Beautiful Roses - love that depth!

Vicki Fraser

Thanks again ladies, yes Susan they are the spiral paper rolled up flowers - very easy to do!