CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Mojo 176 - Beautiful Blue Flowers

Hooray, it's Sunday and tomorrow a new sketch will come out, but I got it done and that's all that matters. Consistency saved!

I never thought I'd even be interested in cards today, after a full day yesterday at my Papermates meeting and making 8 whole cards!! Awesome day, check out what I made here.

I still have some Mojo today, so that is great.Here is my Mojo Monday #176 for this week, hope you all like it...


I used the same paper reversed at the top of the card, and made flowers from the paper as well. 
There are three types of flowers here - some rolled roses similar to my Heart card. The second are made from a small heart punch folded in half to create a petal and laid around a circle of card, glued in place and a pearl or rhinestone added to the centre. Finally the third flower was using the heart punch too, but I folded paper and cut across the fold with the punch using just the humps of heart. The resulting piece is kind of a figure eight petal shape and this is sponged and laid across each other with a seed beed in the centre. (These were on Velita's Designs in a bigger version, but my heart punch is tiny, so this is what I get.)

I decided to use two different colours of ribbon for variety and to tie in the little beads I have glued here and there.

Check out the dimension on this card - something I have learned that I love is dimension!





I don't know the name of this paper, but I bought about eight sheets of it I liked it so much. It's the same paper I used on my shoebox swap - which hopefully Trish will post sooner or later. Keep an eye out for it over on her blog http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com.

Have a great week, I've got a busy one coming up, so unless I do some late night stamping, I'll probably be back next week end with a last dash effort at the next Mojo!


2 comments:

Sparkly Pink Star

love the colours, beautiful card!

Carole Campanile

Oh how beautiful; blue DP, ribbon, flowers, pearls .... I love all the elements you used. Definitely still have a lot of mojo left after your prior paper crafting day. TFS!!!