CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mojo Monday #179 is a Happy Birthday

Hello Blogland,

(he he he, I always wanted to say tha!)


I have made my Mojo Monday sketch this week fit in with my Niece's 3rd Birthday.
I am sure Erin will like it, she's a big fan of pink at the moment - the colour that is, not the rock star! lol

My new stamps from Spesch Designer Stamps arrived and this is one of them, just perfect for a little girls' birthday card.This one is called Sophie and is a clear stamp. Spesch sell digi stamps too, however I've not the right printer for them - yet!  I'll probably have to share this with the Spesch group of girls on facebook too, just to show it off.

The candles are Kaiser rub-ons and the 3 is a chipboard number that I have coated in glitter. The stamp "Birthday Girl" is from a cheapie pack I found in K-Mart and I used my Stampin Up marker in Melon Mambo to ink it up.  The papers are all from a paper stack that I picked up in Big W. There are 2 circles around Sophie and both were cut out with a Fiskars cutter. The top one was then trimmed with a wavy scissor to show the one beneath.  The border beneath was just layers of papers cut with a couple of border punches.




This is the Mojo Monday sketch and I have used a little poetic license with my card and not everything is where it should be, but it's prety close I think.


I'll be posting another card sometime in the next couple of days for my Sister In Law's birthday, who is 2 days apart from her daughter. I lost the bet by 2 days when Erin was born, I could've sworn she would arrive on the same birthday! Keep an eye out for it anyway, it's going to have an unusual opening.

Hope to see you here again soon.