CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 22, 2011

Mojo 187 - More Water Colour Flowers

Hi Everybody,

I've put together my Mojo 187 Sketch Challenge this week with the remaining flowers from my Water Colouring expedition on the last post. The flower here is from the Fifth Avenue Floral set by Stampin Up. 


As explained before, the stamp has been embossed with white onto watercolour paper, then saturated with water and ink dipped into the pools of water that sit inside the embossed area. This technique is great for getting colours to merge and leaves a wonderful water puddle effect in the ink when it is dry.

Here is a close up so you can see what I mean...

I've used a few different elements to put this card together, Embossing folders, Mini Tag sizzlit, Twine, Spellbinder circles to cut the frame beneath the flowers, my Fiskars cutter to make the scallop edge and last but not least, some beautiful ribbons that I purchased at the Craft Queen

Here is the Mojo Sketch I worked from....


I have started off my Easter break with a massive day in my craft room and promise to post more tomorrow (when all my glittery creations have dried and I can use them!).
Have a great Easter everyone - see you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Trish and Treasure

What a beautiful card!

Lesley Edmonds

Just wanted to say thank you for leaving such fab comments on my blog. New to watercolour myself I found your tips really helpful. I shall try adding more water haha! Love your cards and watercolouring!
Lesley x