CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 30, 2012

Christmas Adornments

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all having a good start to the week. I was given the opportunity to make this Christmas card today when my computer crashed and I had to wait for “The Guy” to come and fix it. What else to do while your waiting. What made it better was the postal delivery man showed up with my latest items from Stampin Up. What perfect timing!

P1030442

The lovely Edgelits Dies called Adorning Accents along with the matching Textured Impressions Embossing Folders were among my order. Couldn’t wait to use them! I made a kind of frame with them by using the piece that was cut off the base mat of Very Vanilla CS. The straight edge is hidden beneath another new (to me) item, Victoria Lace! Did you happen to notice the sprinkling of shimmer on the base Real Red CS? I even had time to make some Shimmer spray!

 P1030445

I must at this point say thanks to Trish and Treasure for lending me her Bird Punch, I’ll have my own sometime I promise! I’ve put a little matching button on his eye and painted his wing with some gorgeous Shimmer Paint!
The girls at 52 Christmas Card throwdown have inspired the button! Thank you ladies, I’ll enter my card this week Smile I also will hook up with the Make it Monday linky party, just to share it around, I'm quite chuffed with the results. To think, I nearly was working all day instead. (Best get on to that now - work that is aaaghh it'll take me all night!)
 
I decorated the inside too, just because I could!

P1030444

I hope you like my first go at using the new edgelits dies. They are available in the Winter Mini Catalogue and are very reasonably priced! You can check out the catalogues from my side-bar and if your an Australian resident, you could order anything you like from those catalogues from me – just email me to organise it!

Have a great week and I’ll see you again soon.
Signature Watermark

11 comments:

Donna Heber

Hi Vicki,

Thank you so much for stopping to visit me from MIM. Your Christmas card is gorgeous! I just purchased the Adorning Accents and should have them next week. I can't wait!

Shirley-Anne

Fabulous card and I love the edge and the punched bird and the lace of course .
Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

Jacqueline

A really lovely card - love the button for the birdie's eye! Thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

loz

Hello Vicki. I saw this Beautiful card on MIM..Loz

Nana Donna

What a beautiful Christmas card, love the embossing. Saw your card on MIM

Mynn xx

Okay, Vicki, this is STUNNING! LOVE the use of the embossing strip and coordinating die cut! Man, I wish I'd bought those! Maybe in the new catty?! Fingers crossed! ;) Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Lisa Minckler

This is beautiful!!!! I have the embossing edges and I forgot to order the die to go with it, duh! After seeing your card I'm going to order that soon. :) Beautiful use of your time while waiting for "the guy." LOL

Thank you so much for linking up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
Lisa xx

Unknown

what a stunning card..many thanks for visiting me and the lovely comment you left..lovin your work so going to be folllowing you now so i dont miss outhugs sassyx

Deb Neerman

WoW, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love it!!

Trish and Treasure

I love this little birdie,very tweety!!
Hugs Trish xx

anna christensen crafts

What a stunning card! I love your colour scheme, it is really rich and the card has a gorgeous depth to it - beautiful xx