CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 4, 2012

Mum and Mojo

Hi Everybody,

I’ve made another Mothers’ day card for a friend to give to her mum. I made a butterfly using The Beautiful Wings sizzlit die cuts and layered a couple together. I wanted to keep the colour scheme fairly monochromatic, so apart from the outline of the flowers and the Sentiment (which is Always Artichoke and needed to be darker to outline them properly), the whole card is done in Pumpkin Pie & Whisper White.

P1030446

The flowers were stamped using a “two step” system. One stamp has an outline and the other has the ‘filling’. By stamping the outline in a dark colour and the filling in a bright colour you can give the look of a water colour painted picture. Pumpkin Pie is the main bright colour I’ve chosen and it is outlined by Always Artichoke


I used the round option of the Mojo Monday sketch again this week – they make it so easy to put a quick card together don’t they!

Mojo239Sketch


The sentiment Just for You is one of the Oval All set of stamps. I use this set all the time as it co-ordinates with the small oval and scallop oval punches. I’m going to share this card over at Card Crafters Circle this week as the theme is Mothers Day.

Hope you like it, I’m sure my friend and her mother will like it.


Thanks for stopping to look and I hope you have a great day, see you again soon Smile
Signature Watermark