CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 29, 2012

21st Birthday Card for a Man

Yes, he is now a Man!
Happy Birthday to my nephew Jason – he is off partying hard in Surfers Paradise with his mates for his birthday so I haven’t actually given him this card yet! Bless him, he’s usually such a good boy it’s good to see him mucking around a bit Smile
P1030607

I used the Mojo Monday sketch for a bit of inspiration and went to town with textures for this card. I used the Simply Scored tool to make a diamond pattern on Crumb Cake CS and then swiped a Not Quite Navy ink pad over the raised areas – very roughly. I also used a pile of brads and string and faux stitching and wild drawing to make the circle in the pattern. I went a bit wild with the drawing and covered it up with a circle of Not Quite Navy CS. The colours have come up a bit funny in my photograph, they are matted onto black, but it kind of looks blue? Anyway, here’s the sketch…
Mojo247Sketch

The numbers were random chipboards found in my stash and I coated them with some So Saffron ink and then stamped the floral pattern from the Hello Friend stamp set over that with Not Quite Navy ink and then..embossed the top with clear embossing powder to make it shiny. See..
P1030609

Well I hope you like my Mojo Monday card this week. I'm also going to enter it for My Mojo Monthly Challenge at La-De-Dah, as the theme is Man Up
 I look forward to sharing some more stuff soon.

Signature Watermark

2 comments:

Jennifer

This is a fantastic masculine card! I love the circle you've created around the age!

Sarah

this is such a great male card - very creative and a great range of colours and textures! Love those numbers - they look great. Thanks so much for joining in with My Mojo Monthly. Sarah.