CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Summery Christmas Card

Hi Everyone,

Well, I’ve been making Christmas Cards all year and I thought, this is Australia – we don’t have snow and cold weather at Christmas time! Then I saw the challenge at SUO Challenges this week – Bright Summer Days. Perfect! a Bright Summery Christmas Card that all my Aussie mates will appreciate.

P1030543

Poor wee Dasher looks a bit lost in all this heat, he’s been clear embossed and sponged over with Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight and Real Red inks. I’ve used the Square Lattice & Finial Press embossing folders, as well as the lovely Pleated Satin Ribbon that is in the current Winter Mini Catalogue.

I also wanted to have a play with my new “Simply Scored” the scoring tool – also in the current Winter Mini Catalogue - and what better way than to make one of the ever popular concertina fold flowers. I just used Cream cardstock and sponged it with the same colours as the rest of the card.

P1030546

I put the sentiment on the leaf – it’s punched using Blossom Petals Builder punch. I knew that punch would come in handy! The centre of the flower is from the matching Stamp Set. The other thing I’ve done, and I don’t know if you can see it in the little pic above, but I sprayed some home-made Shimmer Paint Mist all over this baby! Just because it’s a Summer Christmas, doesn’t mean it don’t sparkle! lol

I utilised the sketch at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this week. Finally have had a chance to get one in on time.

Don’t forget the Winter Mini finishes July 31st  so get your orders in before it’s gone!

Have a great day,evening, night whatever it may be in your neck of the woods.
Signature Watermark

10 comments:

Jacqueline

Lovely card Vicki - fabulous vibrant colours - thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

Mynn xx

This is amazing, Vicki!!! That flower and the bold and bright colors are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Louise van Vuren

Love these colours and lovely to see something different!
Louise

Mary Brown

What a fun and fabulous Christmas card! I love how you paired dasher with the bright colors! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

Ruth M

Oh wow, what a great Christmas card Vicki! I love all that sponging and the fact that you put the sentiment on a leaf shape! Poor Dasher, having to hold those magnificent antlers up in the summer heat LOL!

I must try one of those flowers now I've got my Simply Scored tool, yours is fab!

Thanks for joining us at 52 CCT! Ruth x

Bonnie

This is a perfect Summer Christmas card, Vicki! I think Dasher is probably enjoying the warmth!

Unknown

Love the bright colors & the concept of "Summer" Christmas Card! The marbled flower is lovely & the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at the SUO Guest DT Challenge! :)

Heidi Baks

Of course summer and Christmas is completely the opposite of the iconic images we see every year. How fun! I love your accordion fold flower with the little leaf sentiment. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges.

Trish and Treasure

Great colours and love your new stamp!

An'Jenic G.

Wow this is beautiful! I love the deer. Q: you said the winter mini finishes July 31st what are you talking about. Sorry I know if visited more I would know that. If you don't mind can you please send me an email. My email is jeria22@yahoo.com. TFS AJ~